THE DOUBLE CHIN
Double chin is characterized by a localized accumulation of fat under the chin and along the lower jaw line. Aging, genetics and weight-gain are the cause, but it can sometimes presents itself without excess weight. It is found in both men and women.
There are few solutions to correct it and all presuppose a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet and maintenance of body weight.
The clinic offers different solutions, depending on the type and severity.
TREATMENT WITH BELKYRA™ INJECTIONS
- BelkyraTM is the first and only Health Canada approved injectable treatment to improve the appearance of the double chin. Its active ingredient is the deoxycholic acid, a molecule found naturally in the body that helps break down and absorb fat. Injections of Belkyra™ into the area of the double chin target and remove fat cells.
- BelkyraTM is a quick and easy injectable treatment that takes about 30 minutes with the doctor. In most cases, depending on the severity of the double chin, 2 or 3 sessions are sufficient, at intervals of 4 to 8 weeks. Possible side effects include swelling, numbness and bruising, which are short-lived, for one to two weeks.
CRYOLIPOLYSIS TREATMENT WITH "COOLSCULPTING®" TECHNOLOGY
- This procedure causes selective fat cells destruction by the cold with no damage to the skin, and without the need for surgery and anesthesia. Moreover, no convalescence is necessary since immediately after the treatment, one can resume normal activities.
- This process uses an applicator specially designed for the double chin, the "CoolMini", for the cooling and the controlled and selective crystallization of fat cells.
- Once crystallized, the fat cells are gradually eliminated by the body in the weeks and months following treatment.
- Cells that have not been removed condense, reducing the thickness of the fat layer and resulting in a refined silhouette.
- It may be necessary to repeat the treatment in the case of larger double chins.
TIGHTENING TREATMENT WITH "VENUS LEGACY®" TECHNOLOGY
- This device uses radio frequency and magnetic pulses as energy sources to stimulate the proliferation of fibroblasts, the cells responsible for the formation of collagen. Collagen is the component of the skin that ensures firmness and flexibility. As a result of this treatment, the collagen fibers thicken and shorten, which favors skin tightening.
- This treatment is offered as a protocol of weekly sessions for eight consecutive weeks. Maintaining results requires regular monitoring and occasional sessions.
- It is a pain-free treatment with no significant side effects.
It is sometimes necessary to combine the different treatment modalities in order to obtain the best possible results. For example, for a larger double chin, the CoolMini® will be the first line of treatment, but then the Belkyra® will allow a better definition of the silhouette. In case of residual skin laxity, some Venus Legacy® sessions will complete the protocol.