Malgré notre bonne volonté, une discipline de vie saine et active, une diète équilibrée, notre corps subit des modifications graduelles pendant le vieillissement, à cause de multiples facteurs, les plus importants étant le ralentissement progressif du métabolisme et le jeu des hormones. Les formes changent, la taille s’épaissit, le ventre s’arrondit, les « poignées d’amour » débordent du pantalon, la « culotte de cheval » s’élargit, les fesses amollissent et ainsi de suite.
Fortunately, science is now helping us control these inconvenient situations through increasingly sophisticated technologies and modalities that either selectively destroy fat cells to reshape the body and get rid of annoying and unsightly bulges or stimulate collagen formation for a better thickening and tightening of the skin.
The technology adopted by the Clinic for silhouette remodeling is CoolSculpting® and its operating principle is cryolipolysis or the destruction of fat cells by cold.
- This procedure causes the fat cells to be destroyed by the cold without damaging the skin, without having to resort to surgery and anesthesia. Moreover, no convalescence is necessary since immediately after the treatment, one can resume the normal course of the day.
- This process uses applicators of different shapes and sizes to perfectly match the shape of the treatment areas and ensure a uniform result.
- Once crystallized, the fat cells are gradually eliminated by the body in the weeks and months following treatment.
- Cells that have not been removed condense, reducing the thickness of the fat layer and resulting in a refined silhouette.
- It may be necessary to repeat the treatment in the case of larger fat areas
In order to achieve better results, it is sometimes advisable to pair sessions of CoolSculpting® and Venus Legacy®. In this way, we aim body remodeling and skin firming in a few sessions of treatment.
- Venus Legacy® uses radio frequency and magnetic pulses as energy sources to stimulate the proliferation of fibroblasts, the cells responsible for collagen formation. Collagen is the component of the skin that ensures firmness and flexibility. As a result of this treatment, the collagen fibers thicken and shorten, which favors the firming of the skin.
- This treatment is offered as a protocol of weekly sessions for eight consecutive weeks. Maintaining results requires regular monitoring and occasional sessions.
- It is a pain-free treatment with no significant side effects.
New applications of a long-time injectable product used for facial rejuvenation are now becoming increasingly popular for body shaping. It involves using L-poly-lactic acid or Sculptra® to restore volume and firmness to several areas of the body, including the buttocks, the area above the knee, the inside of thighs and arms, the décolleté, the neck, etc.
It usually takes 3-4 sessions, 6 to 8 weeks apart to get the expected results that will eventually last for 2 or 3 years. Occasional sessions will then be required to maintain the results.
Treatment sessions are safe and have only a few short-term side effects. The most common are bruising and local tenderness.
Take your fitness to the next level and sculpt your body!
Are you having a hard time defining your abs and tightening those glutes? Are you looking for a non-invasive buttocks lift? The only procedure designed to help both men and women build muscle and burn fat at the same time. Emsculpt can be a game changing tool to help you reach your ultimate fitness goals.
What is Emsculpt
- Emsculpt uses High Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic (HIFEM) to induce approximately 20,000 muscle contractions in just 30 mins. This number of contractions would otherwise be impossible to achieve voluntarily. Build up to 16% more muscle in a treatment area and burn up to 19% of fat. Emsculpt is the only technology that strengthens hard to target areas including the abdominals and buttocks. At the same time of building muscle fibers, a secondary benefit to Emsculpt is burning fat. By building more muscle fibers you can work out harder, be stronger and look your best!
Am I a suitable candidate?
- A good candidate should be in generally good shape and be close to their ideal weight to achieve optimal treatment delivery. Those with a high store of fat may not achieve significant muscle contraction. If you need to lose fat in any treatment area, we recommend treating with Coolsculpting first followed by Emsculpt.
- You must be 18 years and older. Not suitable if you are pregnant or have epilepsy, if you have electronic or metal implants in the targeted area, have hemorrhagic conditions, have had recent surgical procedures near treatment area if you have implanted neurostimulators or cardiac pacemakers.
Which body parts can be treated with Emsculpt?
- Emsculpt can treat the buttocks, abdomen, thighs, arms, and calves.
Emsulpt peut-il m’aider avec mon »ventre de maman » après la grossesse?
- Current studies have shown that Emsculpt treatments can reduce the separation of stomach muscles known as Diastasis Recti of up to 11%. Other known benefits such as improvement of posture and back pain have been reported by both men and woman. Burning up to 19% of fat also lends a kick start back to your pre-pregnancy self.
Is there any pain or downtime?
- There is no downtime or pain associated with Emsculpt. During a treatment you can expect a series of contractions followed by pulsating sensations in the treatment area that helps work the lactic acid out of the muscles. As a result, clients report little or no muscle soreness after treatment.
When can I expect to see results after Emsculpt and how long can they last?
- Results can be experienced by some almost immediately after a few treatments. The results are achieved 4-6 weeks after the last treatment. Result duration depends greatly on an individual’s overall fitness as well as their day-to-day workout schedule. To maintain your results, it is recommended to have booster treatments 3-4 times a year.
Loose skin, some fat reduction, or muscle building...where do I start and what do I treat first?
- Dr Hebert and Dr Dorval, located in Montreal, Quebec, are dedicated to offering their client’s the best possible treatment outcome. They emphasize that it is not a one size fits all approach. For this, we customize our treatment plans according to your individual needs. A combined treatment approach is often the ideal avenue to achieving the best possible result.