Despite our good will, a healthy and active lifestyle, a balanced diet, our body undergoes gradual changes during aging, due to multiple factors, the most important being the gradual slowing of metabolism and the play of hormones. The shapes change, the size gets thicker, the belly rounds out, the "love handles" overflow from the pants, the "breeches" widens, the buttocks sag and so on.
Fortunately, science is now helping us control these inconvenient situations through increasingly sophisticated technologies and modalities that either selectively destroy fat cells to reshape the body and get rid of annoying and unsightly bulges or stimulate collagen formation for a better thickening and tightening of the skin.
The technology adopted by the Clinic for silhouette remodeling is CoolSculpting® and its operating principle is cryolipolysis or the destruction of fat cells by cold.
- This procedure causes the fat cells to be destroyed by the cold without damaging the skin, without having to resort to surgery and anesthesia. Moreover, no convalescence is necessary since immediately after the treatment, one can resume the normal course of the day.
- This process uses applicators of different shapes and sizes to perfectly match the shape of the treatment areas and ensure a uniform result.
- Once crystallized, the fat cells are gradually eliminated by the body in the weeks and months following treatment.
- Cells that have not been removed condense, reducing the thickness of the fat layer and resulting in a refined silhouette.
- It may be necessary to repeat the treatment in the case of larger fat areas
In order to achieve better results, it is sometimes advisable to pair sessions of CoolSculpting® and Venus Legacy®. In this way, we aim body remodeling and skin firming in a few sessions of treatment.
- Venus Legacy® uses radio frequency and magnetic pulses as energy sources to stimulate the proliferation of fibroblasts, the cells responsible for collagen formation. Collagen is the component of the skin that ensures firmness and flexibility. As a result of this treatment, the collagen fibers thicken and shorten, which favors the firming of the skin.
- This treatment is offered in the form of a protocol of weekly sessions for eight consecutive weeks. Maintaining results requires regular monitoring is occasional sessions.
- It is a pain-free treatment with no significant side effects.
New applications of a long-time injectable product used for facial rejuvenation are now becoming increasingly popular for body shaping. It involves using L-poly-lactic acid or Sculptra® to restore volume and firmness to several areas of the body, including the buttocks, the area above the knee, the inside of thighs and arms, the décolleté, the neck, etc.
It usually takes 3-4 sessions, 6 to 8 weeks apart to get the expected results that will eventually last for 2 or 3 years. Occasional sessions will then be required to maintain the results.
Treatment sessions are safe and have only a few short-term side effects. The most common are bruising and local tenderness.